Sunday, November 9, 2008

Don't forget the Tums

So today I set out to do two things: drain my checking account and bake. I accomplished both and then some.

I did some holiday shopping, as I am making some gifts for my aunts this year and needed some supplies so I headed to Michael's for some craft stuff. Then over to the supermarket to restock on baking supplies, Walmart, maybe I stopped at Payless shoes (but I did NOT buy anything, I swear!). Once I got home I realized I forgot raisins and needed some other stuff, so over to Target (which, sadly for my bank account, is a mile from my house) and to TJ Maxx.

Once I returned, I made almond biscotti, same as how I made the anise biscotti, but with 1/2 tsp. of almond extract and some chopped almonds. They will go well with coffee, but I still like the anise better.

I also made raisin bread, but had to start over. This morning last night's dough had not moved, so it got tossed, which is a HUGE waste and I am really disappointed about that.

The boyfriend made chili with turkey as promised and it was EXCELLENT. He also made tortilla chips which I thought were really awesome.

And I made an infused olive oil dipping sauce.

And now I need tums from sampling it all.

No comments: